I am a late-comer to this challenge, but I am still going to have fun with it.

A is for Author

I am going to brag on my Mother for a moment. She is an author, and quite an amazing one!

She has previously published poetry and sold paintings, but this is her first novel. She has been working on it for years, and is finally ready to set it free into the world. I have to say that even though her book isn’t the typical novel I read, I cannot stop reading it. I literally have to peel myself away from it to get anything done. It’ll Keep by April Mobley is truly an amazing book! Also, I had the honor of designing the logo for her publishing house. I have to say that I am quite proud of it.

It’ll Keep will be released soon. I have a surprise though; you can read the first chapter on her blog!

Just go here.

B is for Bowl

source: RealSimple

The people at RealSimple are pure geniuses! Who would have thought that this would actually work.

The shape of the bowl amplifies the sound, working like a pair of speakers.

C is for Change

I am in the process of changing the way I do things to a more organized system.

I will be organizing my mobile office and sharing tips for keeping organized in tight spaces and on the go.

Staying organized on the go is so important for us, even if we work from home.

I will be putting my own office into a Thirty-One All-In-One Organizer!

(I no longer need is as a diaper bag- its not girly, but it will work!)

I will also be bringing reviews to you on products and services; as well as tips on KEEPING it all organized.

I was always the most organized person I knew, so getting back to this will be great.

In fact, if I was stressed, I would empty my closet and reorganize it.

I will share one simple tip with you tonight.

Although it is simple, it is a biggie!

Always, always, always have a drop-cord of some kind.

I made the mistake once of not having one, and it was a HUGE mistake. I was working promotions for a motorcycle rally coordinator. I made t-shirts, set up photo shoots, chose models, did tech support, and worked with my dad’s business all at the same time.

To do these things, I had several pieces of equipment. A computer, printer, shirt press, and camera. It all needed power. What did I forget to pack before leaving on the 12 hour drive? A drop cord, of course. I lost a day of work, and had to go buy a heavy duty drop cord and surge protector. I have kept a regular drop cord in my computer bag ever since. I even bought a special heavy duty cord and surge protector for my gear box. I learned a hard lesson, but a lesson learned still.

Please take my advice, and make sure you always have a drop cord- you never know when you will need it.

Are there any services or products you would like me to review?

Is there any area or organization you would like me to explore?

Just comment below or head to my contact page. I am always happy to hear suggestions.

Share →

16 Responses to Blogging from A to Z: A B and C

1. GiGi Rena says:

Can’t wait to read the whole book…. It sounds yummy so far! 🙂

2. Pamela says:

Im right with you about getting organized. I need to get organized as well. I can’t wait to read your posts.

Pamela

3. Corinne says:

Glad to see you’ve caught up! Glad to see you on A-Z.

Love your mom’s new logo! Keep us posted on her release date.

I also have always been the most organized person I know. I’m no longer that — dunno what happened — so I look forward to reading your tips and tricks.,

Onward D – Z!!!!

Corinne

• nighlon says:

I will! I am so excited for her! Thank you for visiting Corinne! It will be a journey but I have to get myself organized. What better way to make sure I do it than share tips with you lovelies!

4. Patricia says:

Now there are two favorite blogging friends doing the A-Z challenge (I was a bit overwhelmed at the thought). I’be been an organizer since I was itty bitty. On rainy days, I’d redo everyone’s closets and drawers. And, after all these years, I still am. As Corinne said … onward D – Z!

• nighlon says:

I think it would be amazing if you could find the time Patricia! Petie, Patti, and Tricia would love finding words for all the letters! I may be contacting you for advice on getting organized once again!

5. Sandz says:

Really loved that first chapter it would be nice to read the whole book. I am also looking forward to all the great tips.

• nighlon says:

Thanks Sandz! I may be asking for tips from the misfitters! I will definitely let you know when the book is released!

6. April says:

Love the ABC, Looking forward to the continuing “saga”! I’m gonna have to bring you PC to get me organized again! Getting rid of the excess has helped a bunch but can’t keep my desk clean!!!

• nighlon says:

MOM! Thank you for visiting! I will happily come visit you and get you all organized again, and promise to not make you organize your pens by type ever again! I love this journey we are on- it has always been a creative one with you! (But at least I’m not the one on stage this time!)

7. Congrats to your Mom! How lucky is she to have the most creative designer in the world as a daughter? Looks like creativity runs in the family. 🙂 And I love your organization ethic. The way I travel, I would be lost without a d.c. & a surge protector!

• nighlon says:

Thank you Sylver! I have been so lucky to be working with you! She is amazing, you wouldn’t believe all that she has accomplished in her life- you remind me so much of her! I will just have to bug you for some tips while I’m on this journey!

8. Byn says:

I’ve always called them drop cords, but here in OK, no one ever knows what I’m talking about, so I have to call them extension cords. It made me smile to see that you use the “right” word:)

I can’t wait to see your mom’s book! That’s awesome!!

• nighlon says:

LOL- I love it when I call something a name that others don’t think is “normal” Toboggan is my favorite! I’m glad you know its the right word too! Thanks for the encouragement for my mom! hurry up and get Bean’s book done!