Note: Today’s post is more personal that most you will see here at NighLon!

Those of you who know me, or that have read NighLon before probably know that fabulous is my favorite word. This being said, I had an epiphany today. I have realized that I have lost my oomph! I haven’t been that girl that is always fabulous and likes to refer to herself as “Miss America.” It was a rough realization, but I’m glad I figured it out. How can I help all of you be FAB, if I am no longer fabulous myself.

Just in time, too. It has been one of those weeks. You know, those weeks that you dump a plate of pancakes in your lap? Yes, that was me yesterday.  Also- I have had no motivation or inspiration this week. That is the reason I have not posted. I decided that a little blog hopping was in order to get me back on track.

You may be wondering what blog hopping has to do with not being fabulous, that is where Bean’s Monkey Business comes in. I was reading the post on Sunday Funday, with the discussion about her husband. She links to a blog , The Adventures of J-Man and Millerbug, and being in the Stay at home mom slump. Honestly, I had not realized that I was in a slump. Then I started reading about how to tell if you are. OMG- I am in a SAHM slump! Help! Something HAS to be done.

Once again, if you know me, you know that I LOVE sparkle and pnk!  (see below)

(source: Pinterest)

Also, see here: I {heart} Pink

Imagine my surprise when I realized that I am not the woman my husband married! Visions of glitter danced through my head and it made me a little dizzy. What did I do? I made a resolution to fix this, starting with today.

1. I cut my hair! (yes, all by myself)

2. I tweezed my eyebrows.

3. I put makeup on.

4. I got the stuff out to do my nails.

5. I have resolved to go to one fabulously pink/ sparkly blog a day!

Already, I feel more like me!

(I’m Back!)

I will always do my best to remain fabulous for my husband!

The other blogs that have helped to to re-achieve fabulousness are:

MsFashionablyChick

30 Something and Fabulous

Both of these ladies are FABulous and I do believe that you will find inspiration to keep up your own brand of fabulous!                         (That is, for those of you that need help, like I do!)

As always, good luck in your journey.

Tomorrow, I will bring to you tips on using color with your brand!

Share →

18 Responses to FABulous Again

1. Byn says:

Awesome! Those posts inspired me, too… but with my super short ‘do, I can’t figure out how to cut it in the back:( If it was my girls’ hair, I’d razor it with the straight razor, but if I tried that myself, I’d probably slice my neck!

Let’s keep each other accountable!

2. nighlon says:

LOL! I would like for us to be partners in this quest! I don’t do that good of a job cutting my own hair (but honestly, I do better than some people I have paid to cut it)

3. Patricia says:

I was just thinking this morning how I have to get my haircut … now … soon … well, maybe on the weekend when I have more free time. I just don’t like when my hair is at that awkward stage ~ is it long, is it short … and what is it doing?! Feeling great not just for the honey but also for yourself is highly recommended for all! I’m in.

4. nighlon says:

Oh yes! I can’t wait to be that woman again- I can already tell a difference in the hubs! Thanks!

About 5 years ago, I cut 15 inches off of it, and never looked back. It has been at my shoulders or shorter. I want it long again though, and part of getting it long again is to keep it trimmed… yuck!

5. Is that a salted caramel mocha I see? Great post! I need to start doing more with my appearance to. Thanks for the motivation!

• nighlon says:

Close… it is a Caramel Macchiato … I used to work at the local bookstore- with a coffee shop inside- talk about HEAVEN! It really felt good to get all girly today. To top it off, the look on my husband’s face when he walked in the door this evening was priceless!

• I work in a bookstore at the coffee shop. How fabulous is that?

• nighlon says:

That is FABulous! I loved working there, but we all move on to different chapters in our lives. Leaving there to be a stay at home mom allowed me to pursue my dreams of marketing. I never would have thought that I would be here when I walked out those doors my last day of work.

6. City Share says:

We all need a little refresh every once in a while. I’m off to read about breaking out of the SAHM slump. Thanks for giving us all a little extra oomph!

7. Candi says:

I am beginning to feel like that. I am glad you took the time to take care of yourself. I feel like this is the year I am going to do that. I can still be my kids mother, but I can be a person too. Thanks for sharing.

• nighlon says:

Thank you Candi- you inspire me to bake more (even though my hips don’t like me when I do)! I was always the girl who took care of my looks. But it makes you feel good when you take time for yourself. I think that it is more about that than anything. I felt good after I put some makeup on and did my nails. You owe it to yourself to take care of you- however you choose to do it. Good luck!

8. Thanks so much for the shout out – I love to hear that my blog is inspiring others to add some glitter to their day! It is so nice to know that you’re not alone, isn’t it, that we all hit those slumps? I just snuck out for a lunch break at the salon myself!

• nighlon says:

It is nice to know that I’m not alone. I think the first step was realizing it. I have put at least mascara on every day and fixed my hair. When ever I need inspiration to be FABulous, I will head to your blog! Thank you for being FABulous!

9. Oh Cari, this really moved me. It’s so refreshing to hear that someone is human, and experiences the same ups & downs we all do at times. I think it was brave and generous of you to share these feelings with us here, and we love you all the more for it. The best part? It helped you realize just how FABULOUSLY PINK you are – never really lost it, just misplaced it in a drawer somewhere, but now it’s found 🙂 Yay! Okay, you’ve got it back in hand now, so FAB on, babycakes! And know that we’re right behind you to catch you in case you wobble off those sky-high pink heels again!

10. nighlon says:

Thank you so much Sylver! Posting this made me realize more than just that I had placed my fabulousness in a drawer, and I am a better Mom, wife, daughter, friend, and blogger because of it. Thank you for giving me the courage to share this here. There will be more posts like this. I’m working on my brand while I am teaching you guys. Part of my brand is being FABulous!

11. […] reading Cari’s post on NighLon about feeling fabulous again, I was reminded of why I started this blog in the first place – […]

12. […] my post last week, FABulous Again, I began having some technical difficulties. When it rains, it […]