qr code from goqr.me

I know, I know, qr codes are for big time marketing campaigns. Really? no, I don’t think so.

I have been fascinated in these codes since I first saw one in some random magazine I read, and knew that I could find a use for them!

I started looking for qr code generators and discovered goqr.me. My favorite thing about this particular generator is that you can customize it! No more plane jane black and white qr codes for me. You can change the color and even the border around it.  You can embed phone numbers, pictures, websites, or even contact information. I think, I would even buy a mug with my qr code on it… yep! I have opted to have my qr code direct the reader to my about.me business card. Why not… it has all of my information and links on it. Killing several birds with one stone!

On a serious note, when you opt for a qr code, please be sure to also provide the customer/ audience with a link to a free reader. This is quite important. If they can’t read it, its just a bunch of pretty squares.

Kaywa is a great reader, even with extras. You can even get a mobile blog through them.

Here are some more: i-nigma, scanlife,  quickmark, and mobiscan

Over time I have thought about some uses for them. To advertise sales; to create a “member’s only” type group for mobile deals; or even to direct customers/ audience to a “splash page” where you can advertise something special.

QR codes can be used anywhere: bumper stickers, clothing, business cards, advertisements, or email signatures.

The internet is endless, and so are the possibilities of QR codes.

Enjoy my website of the week!

Add to FacebookAdd to DiggAdd to Del.icio.usAdd to StumbleuponAdd to RedditAdd to BlinklistAdd to TwitterAdd to TechnoratiAdd to Yahoo BuzzAdd to Newsvine

Tagged with →
Share →

11 Responses to 5 Cool Ways to Market Your Blog with QR Codes

1. aspieside says:

What a great idea. I too have been drawn to these codes when I see them everywhere. Now I have to get one!! Thanks for sharing.

2. Colette says:

Good Day.
    I very much enjoyed your article, and the resources you provided.
    Also, absolutely love your flying tweeti bird. Would you mind much sharing where you got him.
    Thanks again
    Colette

3. julie says:

Love the color. I get asked a lot about QR codes. A lot of people still aren’t sure what they can be used for. Thanks for the advice.

• nighlon says:

Thanks Julie! We need to team up for something, I do believe. I also think I will write another post about QR codes… I think they are amazing!

4. […] 5 Cool Ways to Market Your Blog with QR Codes […]

5. Pamela says:

Again, you don’t cease to amaze me. Your statement “On a serious note, when you opt for a qr code, please be sure to also provide the customer/ audience with a link to a free reader. This is quite important. If they can’t read it, its just a bunch of pretty squares” is so true.

If they can’t read it its just a bunch of nothing. Thank you for this timely information and useful links.

Pamela
    Still Dating My Spouse

• nighlon says:

Thank you Pamela! I love these quirky little squares! I think they would be perfect for so many industries that don’t use them!